Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ICT Lead Teacher Workshop

Well this is embarrassing! How did I get out of the habit of regular blogging? It's not as if there's been nothing to share - quite the opposite in fact. Finally today I have run out of excuses!

I only realised today how much I've missed the collegiality of our cluster ICT lead teachers and how motivating it is to be around like-minded teachers. Walking around the classrooms to see what is happening was something we never did enough of during our cluster contract so it was fantastic to have this opportunity today. The teachers and students were very welcoming at Botany Downs School and we saw many cool ideas to take back to our schools. I first visited the school back in 2007 and the shift that has evolved is nothing short of miraculous and I feel very proud to have been a part of the beginning of their journey. I was particularly impressed by how well SOLO Taxonomy is being used across the school and the consistency of the evidence on walls and in plannning - well done Lyndal! Bridget has also been on fire this year leading ICT - not an inconsiderable role conisdering every single class now has their own blog!

Another session today was allocated to sharing good ideas and new innovations in our schools. Elm Park School talked about our upcoming Student Led Conferences which are very new for us, we had a quick play with the new Comic Life 2 and looked at city.lego.com - an online comic creator. I talked about a number of iPad apps I've been enjoying recently (ComicLife, Art Rage, Puppet Pals, Star Walk, Garageband). Other teachers shared sites such as Smile Box, Tagxedo, Poster-street, kerpof.com, picnik.com and http://www.communication4all.co.uk/.

Probably the most value for today has been just talking to the ICT lead teachers, bouncing ideas off each other and commiserating over similar challenges in our different schools (also known as our Dear Abbey session). Just when I was feeling overwhelmed by everything I am now going away more refreshed and determined to make a difference so thank you Eastnet Cluster ICT Lead Teachers!

3 comments:

Miss S said...

I felt the same B :-) Was such a great day!!! Thank you so much for the support you have offered BDS and on a personal note, thank you for always supporting me x

Ms F said...

That sounds absolutely brilliant! We also have some of the same Apps on our iPads and the children in my class and my own children are huge fans of Puppet Pals. Are you adding your own photos for the characters and backgrounds?

Miss Lowans said...

Hello.
Finally getting around to comment. I find it hard to remember to blog and feel I have my moments.
Thank you for your wonderful. praise.