Monday, June 21, 2010

Edtalk: Joan Dalton

I am a huge fan of Joan Dalton and David Anderson. I've been lucky enough to attend a ULearn pre-conference workshop for facilitators run by them both a few years back and then in 2007 I spent a week with them on the Facilitating Highly Effective Professional Learning workshop (FHEPL) in Hamilton. It was a transformational experience and I would recommend it to anyone interested in facilitation. I was really excited today to find that Joan Dalton has an Edtalk on the topic 'Conversations for improving and transforming learning'. One phrase that resonated for me was "What you say is who you are". I think this is accurate and is also a very important point for facilitators/teachers to be aware of. The language we use with learners can send unintentional messages to them and they're not always positive! This is something I am improving on but need to keep in my consciousness otherwise I find myself slipping into old habits!

10 comments:

sada said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ms F said...

It is interesting to compare how we perceive ourselves versus how others perceive us. If what you say is what you are; I would describe you as positive, professional, full of practical ideas and you always bring a fresh perspective and provide valuable insight. Thanks for all your support.

茹順茹順 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
韋以韋以 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
政翰政翰 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
毓er曹妃sf炳hd張jtr珠 said...

安一估~你也安一估哦~............................................................

楊家堯楊家堯楊家堯 said...

forgive others but not yourself...................................................

淑娟淑娟淑娟 said...

祝你快高長大,工作順利,忙死你..................................................................

林宜欣 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jacey said...

Hi,
I was at the 2nd Year BT course you did on Tuesday afternoon - and noticed the bookmark for your blog up on the menu.... and did a double take, as I've been reading (lurking) your blog for the past few months.
Had to come home and double check on the blog to see if it was the same person!!!
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the course, and that I got a lot out of it. Possibly more than some other the other afternoons I've been to recently. So thanks! I went back to school witha bunch of great ideas, that I'm hoping to start implementing over the next little while.